Wednesday, April 9, 2008

White Chicken Chili

This makes a ton, so I either freeze half or cut the recipe in half. I love it with lime flavored tortilla chips - yum!

3 cans Great Northern beans
4 c. cooked chicken breast
1 T. olive oil
2 onions
4 cloves garlic
2 4 oz. chopped green chilis
2 t. cumin
1 1/2 t. oregano
1/4 t. cayenne
6 c. chicken or vegetable stock
3 c. Monterey Jack cheese
sour cream (optional)

Saute onions in oil in large pot, approximately 10 minutes or until opaque. Stir in garlic, chilis, cumin, oregano, and cayenne, cook 2 minutes. Add beans and stock. Bring to a boil. Add chicken and cheese and serve.

3 comments:

Likely said...

Can I tell you how excite I am to have his recipe!!!??? My visiting teacher brought this to me right after I had Oliver and I keep forgetting to beg her for the recipe. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this soup!

I totally second the lime chips. We hardly buy anything else since we discovered them.

Likely said...

that should have said excited. I hate when I type errors in my comments because I can't edit them!

familia Bybaran said...

This is so the recipe I needed. I have been craving something like this. Thanks. I will be trying it soon.