Thursday, April 10, 2008

Pita Pocket Dinner

I have no idea what to call this since I have no idea where it originated, other than my mother, who I am sure didn't make it up herself. I made this tonight when I realized it was 5:30 and my kids were super hungry, thus super onery. It was literally on the table in 15 minutes. Super fast, easy, and my kids always gobble it up.

1 package pita pockets
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
1 4 oz. can chopped olives (sliced works too), drained
1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms (or fresh), drained
2-3 roma tomatoes, chopped
shredded cheddar cheese (I use 1/2 c. - 3/4 c. but you could add as much or as little as you like)
salt and pepper

Brown ground beef/turkey in skillet, drain fat. Add chilis, olives, and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Stuff in warmed pita pockets.

No comments: