Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pita Chips

One other little hint while I am thinking of it. I bought the most delicious hummous at this great grocery store the other day. I decided to just bake my own pita chips instead of buying pre-packaged and they turned out fantastic.

Just buy packaged pitas from the store. They are usually in between 2-3 dollars. Place them on a baking sheet and cut into triangles and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes? Watch them. Ovens vary so much....

What this basically does is just dry them out so they are crispy. The same thing that makes toast crispy I guess. They turned out GREAT and had zero fat and like .5 sugar per pita ( 8 decent size chips).

I didn't realize how good they would be warm! I liked them super crispy on the outside but a little chewy still in the middle. This takes a bit longer than buying the big bag from the store but it is totally worth it.

I will have to get my mom's hummous recipe on here soon...

No comments: